Metallurgy: EAF, followed by AOD or VOD, followed by ESR
Process route and surface finish: Hot forged or rolled, overaged, descaled or rough machined (1E or 1X according to UNI EN 10088-3)
Applicable standards: UNI EN 10088-3, UNI EN ISO 6506, ASTM E112, SAE AMS 2315, ASTM E45, ASTM E381, UNI EN ISO 6892, UNI EN ISO 148, ASTM A 370, SEP 1923.
Material Properties Requirements:
All the values are given in weight percentage [%]. Wherever not specified, no alloying addition should be made. * = Value of N to be reported in a separate sheet.
- The microstructure shall be uniform and fine grained across the whole product section.
- Chemical segregations resulting in linear indications, segregated bands, big size carbides (Ø ≥ 10 μm), carbides allignments, carbides precipitations at former austenitic grain boundaries shall not be accepted.
- Avg. grain size according to ASTM E112: ≥ 5.
- Fields with avg. grain size according to ASTM E112 < 3 shall not be accepted.
- Delta ferrite content according to SAE AMS 2315 < 0.9% on the worst field.
- Inclusions content according to ASTM E45, Method A:
A B C D Thin Heavy Thin Heavy Thin Heavy Thin Heavy 1 0.5 1 0.5 1 0.5 1 0.5
Expected mechanical properties
Rp 0.2 %
930-1000 max 1040 min 13% min 50% min 100(*) 295-335 max -25°C
(*) = Avg of 3 specimens
(**) = meaning at least 50% shear below the indicated temperature. Shear percentage to be evaluated according to ASTM A 370. The FATT50 diagram shall be included in the certificate, the choice of points shall allow a consistent fitting, for example temperatures should lay over a span of 60 degrees, centered on the target value.